We believe that the urban garden is one of the solutions in the face of rising cost of living. By applying permaculture principles in the design and lifestyle, we seek to maximize onsite resources to meet most of our needs with minimal impact on the land.

Wednesday, 11 April 2007

We finally met up in March!

The first meeting in March was nothing short of fantastic. It went from 2:30pm to 5pm.
We watched an half an hour video on permaculture in the tropics presented
by Bill Mollison, who coined the word permaculture. After the afternoon
tea, we had a quick tour round my little urban yard to see the little
projects that my husband, Matthew and I have put in place using
permaculture principles.

We then went on to my favorite, compost making and a simple
system we use to sift the compost. I'm also very proud to share that
Tara, one of the attendees, has made a round of beautiful compost since.