We believe that the urban garden is one of the solutions in the face of rising cost of living. By applying permaculture principles in the design and lifestyle, we seek to maximize onsite resources to meet most of our needs with minimal impact on the land.

Monday, 16 April 2007

I've got Chicken Pox!!


I found a blister on my back this morning. A friend who is a mother of two, with one recovering from chickenpox and one having it at the moment, confirmed that I, indeed have chicken pox.

The little bit that you see on the picture is the back of my right arm... :-)


Apparently I had 2 blisters on my neck yesterday but I didn't give much thought to it and had burst them.

A fever sets in this afternoon.




I've been drinking lots of water and needless to say, paying endless trips to the toilet.

Decided that it maybe a good time to detox - so my God-sent husband made us both a tall glass of carrot, apple and half a bulb worth of garlic juice - for pre-dinner. He's drinking it to increase his immune system so that he can look after his not so well wife!! :-)

Dinner was rice porriage - grated carrots and shredded cabbage with garlic. Total plain but it wasn't too bad, prepared by my husband, again. Basically, I'm not allowed to do dishes, and housework, to avoid spreading the virus - honestly, I don't mind it at all. However, I'm allowed to make myself as comfortable as possible and order him around - that's got to be an A+++++ for my good husband!!

It's starting to itch now at 9:50pm ....very tempted to scratch ...so aloe vera to the rescue...

Bumps are developing on my facing now at 10:05pm....just when I thought I might escape it.... within minutes, the bumps start turnining into small blisters that get bigger...there is definitely something in ear/or in the throat somewhere because it hurts when I swallow but I can't pinpoint the exact spot...and it's getting more painful...apart from the itch!!

More red bumps are forming on the front of the body...